Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Jack-o-Pepper Egg Salad Halloween Bento

For TinySprite I made egg salad, but instead of a pocket sandwich (which I usually do with this type of filling so that it doesn't fall all over the place) I packed it inside a carved orange bell pepper. I found a pepper that looked pretty pumpkin-like, but was so much easier to carve than a real pumpkin! (Although this is a regulation sized bell pepper, you might like to view my tutorial on carving a mini bell pepper here) I lined it with a spinach leaf to keep the filling from oozing out of the eyes and mouth. I didn't send along the top (although it might have been handy for ensuring safe travels). Along with the jack-o-pepper egg salad, I sent a cup of pickled veggies, some grape tomatoes, strawberries and cantaloupe. Happy Halloween week!

5 comments:

  1. Hi there. I've been following your blog for a long time and had gain some great tips and inspiration in bento lunches. I just recently started my own blog. Please visit when you have a chance. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See!! Jack-master Sheri!! He looks great :)

    ReplyDelete