Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Salmon in a Forest Bento

Salmon Forest Bento by sherimiya ♥
Salmon Forest Bento, a photo by sherimiya ♥ on Flickr.
Another TinySprite bento: this one comprised of our weekly standard salmon and rice. I used cajun spices which I mostly rubbed off of TS's portion. It fit nicely into the curve of this box, which is why I chose it. I packed furikake rice on the side, and topped with a broccoli tree, sweet potato flower shapes, and a mushroom-shaped radish. Fruit sides include: homegrown sunsugar cherry tomato, peach pie donut peach, blueberries, baby white homegrown peach, and dark red cherries. One of my favorite go-to, easy-make bento for a carefree summer day. Don't you just love those? ^_^

14 comments:

  1. Yes, I just love those! Perfect summer bento! So pretty, fun and tasty! Sounds familiar rubbing off the seasoning. My daughter was used to things seasoned more than your average kid, so much so that she never liked the bland "kids" food they would offer...hence why I have had to make her lunches. Now she eats almost everything and even a little spicy! She just loves furikake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have hope that the littles will warm up to spices once I get their taste buds broken in. Their dad and I love spicy food so I'm looking forward to the day when I don't have to make two batches of varying heat!
      Thanks Lyndsey :)

      Delete
  2. This one is just too cute! I love the broccoli tree

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable!!!!! You make me want to get better at making cute accents. I just love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! And I'm impressed that you grow your own. (My tomato plants are all still green--ah, the joys of a northern summer.)

    Aside: I only recently discovered donut/Saturn peaches--and I LOVE THEM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Student!
      I have two tomato plants, and they are both thriving this sunny summer, thank goodness. It's not very warm, but apparently warm enough to produce a handful a week or so. Just enough for bento accents :)
      As for the donut peaches -- there are some that are just so-so, but this pure yellow one (called peach pie peach) is one to look out for. It is the sweetest peach I have ever tasted!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. The broccoli looks very cute. I wanna eat this bento... Yummy

    ReplyDelete