Sunday, October 11, 2009

Mini: Watermelon!

I made this mini watermelon from a green zebra heirloom tomato, after inspiration from playing with fire and water, a blogger who did a very similar thing (brought to my attention by Laura Bento, who knows my obsession with minis!). If you haven't seen green zebra tomatoes, they are characterized by green striations, very watermelon-like in nature. I scooped one out, cut out a corresponding size watermelon, popped it into the tomato shell, and placed sesame seeds on top. You can see that my watermelon scoop is not a perfect match for its tomato shell, but it was only my first novice try. I'll try again, you can be sure :)
Isn't the baby watermelon just the cutest thing ever? I mean, look at it!! Tee hee! Made for bento, I think :)

10 comments:

  1. Oh my, that is SO cute ! I would have a very hard time eating it though, really cute and very well done for a first try !
    Mesha♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's adorable! I've never seen a green zebra tomato before but I will be keeping my eyes peeled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's absolutely adorable! I've never seen those tomatoes, but they are rather perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Judy, BentoForKidlet and Astrid!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my god this is so cuuuuuuuute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes. Definitely THE cutest thing. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete